The best way to prevent long-term and costly problems with your vehicle is to keep up with its preventative maintenance schedule. One major key to successfully making sure you are doing all you need to do is to read your vehicle’s owner’s manual. Regardless of your vehicle’s make or model, its owner’s manual will contain a maintenance schedule. Every make and model is different, and standby beliefs such as “You have to change your oil every 3,000 miles,” may not apply to your car.
The maintenance schedule within your owner’s manual is provided by the people who understand your vehicle the best—the company that built it. The manufacturer provides suggestions for how often you need to change your oil, filters, driving belts, timing belts and more.
While some preventative maintenance—such as topping off fluids—can be performed by the vehicle’s owner, other, more complicated procedures should be done by experts like the team at Easy Automotive Inc. Our team can keep your vehicle in top shape by performing the following maintenance:
- Inspecting and replacing timing belts (preventing damage to engine)
- Inspecting and replacing serpentine belts (preventing damage to accessories)
- Checking and changing oil
- Checking and replacing dirty fluids (coolant, transmission fluid, brake fluid)
- Checking and replacing the battery
- Checking and replacing cabin air filters: Keeps the air clean inside your car during the hot summer months when the a/c is on.
- Checking and replacing your engine air filter: Keeps the air that is fed into the engine clean for maximum performance
- Checking and replacing spark plugs: replace every 30/60/90/105 or 120 per manufacturers recommendation for maximum power and fuel economy
- Tire rotation: This helps ensure even wear on your tires, which can help prevent blowouts and leaking. It also helps make your ride smoother.
- Tire balancing: Balancing your tires prevents wear, which can significantly improve their life and save you money.
By following your vehicle’s owner’s manual and having your vehicle inspected and maintained regularly, you can greatly reduce problems and save money in the long run. Let the expert team at Easy Automotive Inc help your vehicle stay in good condition.
Easy Automotive is part of a mechanic net database. We can reference your make, model and miles and check the manufactures recommendations. Give us a call and we can tell you what kind of maintenance your vehicle may be due for.